Did you know that Carbon Monoxide (CO) exists in your home? Many of my clients will act surprised since their home detector has not gone off. You and your family could be exposed to low levels of chronic carbon monoxide that is not being detected by your home CO detector.
There’s no questioning the fact that dehumidifiers are a boon to allergy sufferers and those who live in damp climates; these handy appliances can keep mold growth at bay, remove moisture, reducing allergy symptoms, safeguarding your family’s health, and protecting the structural integrity of your home.
We want you to eliminate toxic chemicals inside your car that can make you sick. On average, people in the United States spend over an hour a day in a car. During all of that time, they are getting exposed to potential toxins inside of their cars.
Dangerous fuel odors in your home indicate something is wrong and you should take action immediately. Oil tanks and furnaces also tend to leak and cause spills when they get older. Do not delay in testing your home for dangerous fuel odors and cancer causing volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Living in a healthy home free from toxic mold is something you can control. However, the warning signs of elevated mold spores and associated mycotoxins are not that obvious. We encourage all homeowners to conduct regular mold testing to ensure their home is free from toxic mold.
Mold Testing Laws: New Hampshire joins several states regulating mold testing by requiring mold inspectors and remediators to be licensed. Additionally, the law states that it is illegal to conduct both the testing and remediation by the same company.
The musty odor you smell is decay off-gassing from biological growth which includes molds, bacteria and biofilm. Furthermore, these odors contain microbial volatile organic compound (mVOC). People may compare this odor to a dank locker room, old cheese, dirty socks, or wet dog.
Consider the fact that your pets spend most of their lives inside your house, you can begin to get an understanding of how vulnerable they are to the pollutants, toxins, infections, and allergens in the house.Over the years, multiple EPA studies have suggested that the indoor air quality is significantly more polluted than the outdoor air.
Measuring indoor carbon dioxide levels is the first thing I do to ensure that a home is healthy. Our state of the art air quality meters test for both carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide in parts per million (ppm) as part of every indoor air quality inspection.