IndoorDoctor recommends the Austin Air Pet Machine to instantly improve the air quality in your home. This medical grade purifier made in America will eliminate allergens, pet odors and chemicals. This purifier is ready to go right out of the box, plug, play and breathe easier. The Austin Air Pet Machine is built with a highly specialized carbon blend combined with a High Efficiency Particle Arresting (HEPA) technology Austin Air filter that is exceptionally effective at trapping the airborne dust, dander, allergens, and odors caused by pets. This system cleans the air you breathe of cat allergens, bird feather dust, dog dander, germs, viruses, bacteria, asthma-triggering irritants, most pet odors, as well as other chemicals & gases. Clean air is delivered rapidly with one of the industry’s best rapid air exchange rates.
Austin Air Pet Machine has 4-stage filtering:
STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter – Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter – Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – 15 lbs. of Specialty Carbons/Zeolite Blend – Reduces odors caused by pets and other chemicals, gases and odors (e.g. ammonia and sulfuric acid)
STAGE 4 – 60 ft. of true medical grade HEPA – Eliminates pet allergens such as dander and dust, as well as thousands of other micro-organisms (e.g. bacteria and viruses)
- The most effective way of reducing the allergens on your pets is to bathe them weekly. Consult your veterinarian or a book to determine the best ways of bathing your pet along with the selection of shampoos.
- Keep pets out of bedrooms. Use covers for the mattress and pillows that prevent allergens from penetrating. Wash clothes in soup and hot water. Clean your rugs often with dry steam and where possible, eliminate the rugs.
- Avoid dust-and-dander-catching cloth furnishings, curtains, and blinds. Keep to a minimum dust catching items such as books, dolls, knickknacks and other similar items. Should you have them, wash with hot water on occasion. Vacuum rugs often with a HEPA filtering vacuum system.
- Consult your doctor about allergies and the need for testing your body for pet allergens.
- At your doctor advice, you may want immunotherapy (allergy shots). Patients are usually given one dose per week over a short period of time. Additionally, this therapy is than followed-up with periodic boosters.
Furthermore, by following these guidelines and keeping an Austin Air Pet Machine in your home, you can greatly reduce pet odors, pet allergens, and pet dander.