Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Fireplaces & Indoor Air Quality

January 9, 2017

Fireplaces and wood stoves can make you and your family sick. Children and the elderly are most at risk for respiratory distress. Improper venting, faulty flues and dampers can lead to increased lung damaging particulates containing hazardous soot particles.  Symptoms of poorly vented fireplaces and wood stoves include:



You should hire a licensed chimney seasonally to make sure your chimney and fireplace are functional. We can let you know if you are breathing harmful contaminates associated with your fireplace or stove by using our laser particle scanner to measure microscopic ultrafine lung damaging debris. Additionally we can have your air analyzed by a fully accredited laboratory to identify dangerous soot particles. Contact us today to fully enjoy your fireplace or wood stove with peace of mind and confidence that its safe for you and your family.


Learn More

Blog Form

By checking this box you agree to receive SMS communications from IndoorDoctor. Reply stop to opt-out at any time.