The elderly are most at risk for illness and death from COVID-19. Mark Parkinson, president and chief executive at the National Center for Assisted Living states “The grim reality is that for the elderly, COVID-19 is almost a perfect killing machine.” The close proximity of residents and staff create and ideal environment for the virus to spread like wildfire.
In addition to the social distancing, hand washing and cleaning practices we recommend that a medical grade air purifier run in each residence room, common area, and staff area. There are many benefits of taking this proactive approach now.
Medical Grade Air Purifier – Size Matters
Most HEPA air purifiers are not effective against the COVID-19 virus because they target particles larger than a virus. Only a few air purifiers are medical grade capturing down to and below the 0.1 micron level. The Austin Air and IQair are our top picks to promote wellness during the coronavirus pandemic.
Austin Air Purifiers
Austin Air a leader in air purification for over 30 years worked with FEMA and the American Red Cross during some of America’s most challenging times, including 9-11, Hurricane Katrina; Hurricane Sandy; and even the 2015 SolCal gas leak in California. Most recently issued a statement regarding Austin Air’s ability to remove COVID-19 virus.
“The HEPA technology used in our filters is clinically proven to remove 95% of all pollutants as small as 0.1 microns. The COVID-19 virus is larger than this, at 0.12 microns in size. So, we are confident our air purifiers are effectively removing the vast majority of the virus when it is airborne.” —Austin Air
Top Ten Reasons Medical Grade Air Purifiers Makes Sense Now
1.Having an actionable plan in place to filter out airborne COVID-19 virus will reduce overall resident, family AND staff anxiety both immediately and when an outbreak takes place. This mental health assurance is worth the investment alone;
2. These purifiers provide protection for your staff and employees when entering a resident’s room where COVID-19 virus could be present;
3. These purifiers provide peace of mind for the residents’ family members, caregivers and children;
4. Protect residents living next to an infected resident;
5. Reducing of any mold, allergens and particulates in the air leads to overall wellness. It stands to reason healthier people are less prone to acquire illness/coronavirus;
6. It’s allergy season and these purifiers will knock down transmission of the COVID-19 virus by reducing people’s sneezing and coughing due to seasonal allergens. They will also reduce pollens, etc, in the rooms;
7. IndoorDoctor is able to fulfill the order now. We should be able to submit the order on Monday for delivery this week. I expect Austin Air to either run out like IQAir did (currently backordered with an unknown date – likely months) or get assumed by the government for hospital use only;
8. These purifiers could be property of Huntington so transferable to the next resident;
9. Prevent the likelihood of future outbreaks – you would already have control measures in place;
10. Kind gesture during this period of pandemic.
IndoorDoctor can fulfill your air purification order ASAP during this pandemic with same day shipping and delivery in select areas. Contact us today to order.