Austin Air Purifiers
Medical grade filtration, top pick among functional medical doctors. Removes 95% virus levels particles down to 0.1 micron. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the air cleaner, maximizing efficiency and delivering more clean air faster.
Every minute, 250 cubic feet of air is processed by a four-stage filter that progressively removes harmful contaminants from the atmosphere. The result, more clean air delivered faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter
Removes particles easily seen by the (e.g.dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter
Removes small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – 15 lbs. of Activated Carbon and Zeolite
Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
STAGE 4 – 60 sq.ft.of Certified HEPA
Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
Click on the video to watch how the Austin Air 4-stage filter works.
- Removes Viruses
- Superb mold, allergen and chemical reduction
- Simple; plug and play
- Guaranteed long 5 year filter life
- Compact; color choices
- Superior customer satisfaction
- Excellent particulate reduction
- Strong Immune System
- Sounder Sleep
- Reduced Snoring
- Stop Sneezing
- Reduce nighttime allergies & asthma attacks
- Strengthen your immune system
- Reduced coughing and wheezing
- Eliminate dry mouth and runny nose
What are the main differences between the Austin Air models?
The products offered by Austin Air can be divided up into 4 categories:
- Austin Air Healthmate Air Purifier: This is by far the most popular unit and tends to be the best option for most applications. They use multi-stage HEPA and carbon filtration to remove common allergy triggers like odors, chemicals, and pollen.
- Austin Air Allergy Machine Air Purifier: Customers who have issues with tobacco smoke, chemical vapors, bacteria, or gases will want to look at the Austin Air Allergy Machine. With 4-stage filtration, it removes allergy and asthma irritants.
- Healthmate Plus Air Purifier: If you suffer from severe allergies and asthma, or have multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and are particularly concerned about formaldehyde, then consider the Austin Air Healthmate Plus. It’ll provide extra filtration for those who need to remove harmful airborne particles and chemicals.
- Specialty Cleaners: Whether you’re looking to improve air as you sleep with the Bedroom Machine Air Purifier, tackle the dander and fur left behind by a pet with the Pet Machine, or are using the Baby Breath Air Purifier to get the best possible environment in a nursery, Austin Air has developed several products for specialized tasks.
What do the different sizes mean?
You’ll probably notice that the Healthmate, Healthmate Plus, and Allergy Machine purifiers are all available in junior and standard sizes. The difference between the sizes is really simple.
The junior units have a lower fan speed and clean smaller areas around 700 square feet or less. For larger areas up to 1,500 square feet, you’ll want to consider the increased fan speed of a standard unit. The larger sizes also have large caster wheels for easy movement.
How many filters do I have to replace with an Austin Air purifier and how do I replace them?
The metal grille on the outside of an Austin air purifier acts as a basic pre-filter. However, inside the units is high-quality HEPA/carbon combination filter with a thin pre-filter wrapped around it. Most customers find they simply replace their filters every 4 to 5 years.
Watch the following video to see how to change filters in any Austin Air Purifier.
Are there a lot of operating costs associated with an Austin Air purifier?
The initial price tag isn’t the only thing you need to consider when you’re looking to purchase an air purifier, equally important is the yearly operating costs. Unlike other purifiers where you may have to replace filters every few months, Austin Air filters only need to be replaced once every 5 years under typical use. Combine that with a 5-year warranty on the cleaner’s mechanical components, and your investment is protected from a lot of the routine maintenance associate with similar units.
What is the most popular Austin Air purifier color?
The most popular color is sandstone, which is a light tan/grey color that matches many interiors.
Do Austin air purifiers give off any ozone?
Austin Air air purifiers are traditional HEPA-filtered air cleaners that emit no or negligible ozone.