The elderly are most at risk for illness and death from COVID-19. Mark Parkinson, president and chief executive at the National Center for Assisted Living states “The grim reality is that for the elderly, COVID-19 is almost a perfect killing machine.
IndoorDoctor is helping to flatten the COVID-19 virus curve. IndoorDoctor is one of the first private companies nationwide to offer surface sampling for the COVID-19 virus. We strongly support the need for validating the overall sanitation process.
The CDC tells us that COVID-19 virus is transmitted primary by respiratory droplets released into the air and that the virus can stay airborne for 3+ hours. This leaves us all vulnerable to indoor COVID-19 transmission long after someone with symptoms vacates the room.
Fire and smoke air quality testing is essential in the aftermath of a fire event. Fire and smoke damage leaves complex particulates and chemical residues that can have a significant effect on health and often leave a lingering smoky odor.
Did you know that Carbon Monoxide (CO) exists in your home? Many of my clients will act surprised since their home detector has not gone off. You and your family could be exposed to low levels of chronic carbon monoxide that is not being detected by your home CO detector.
There’s no questioning the fact that dehumidifiers are a boon to allergy sufferers and those who live in damp climates; these handy appliances can keep mold growth at bay, remove moisture, reducing allergy symptoms, safeguarding your family’s health, and protecting the structural integrity of your home.
We want you to eliminate toxic chemicals inside your car that can make you sick. On average, people in the United States spend over an hour a day in a car. During all of that time, they are getting exposed to potential toxins inside of their cars.
Dangerous fuel odors in your home indicate something is wrong and you should take action immediately. Oil tanks and furnaces also tend to leak and cause spills when they get older. Do not delay in testing your home for dangerous fuel odors and cancer causing volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Living in a healthy home free from toxic mold is something you can control. However, the warning signs of elevated mold spores and associated mycotoxins are not that obvious. We encourage all homeowners to conduct regular mold testing to ensure their home is free from toxic mold.